AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this great receiver. Trying to connect to my tv and don't have the HDMI audio return on my Westinghouse tv. Can't figure out how to set up the sound through my surround sound speakers. Tried following the manual and hooked it up the alternate method, with manual set up, but can't get sound out of the back speakers. They are connected correctly and work on the auto test. Can I route directv via the receiver then to the tv? Any ideas? I'd hate to not be able to use the dang thing!

·
Banned
16,232 Posts
Can you advise just how you did set it up? Are you just trying to get audio on tv sources like over the air content? If you have your D* connected directly to your avr via hdmi you should be getting surround sound from D* as long as you've set your D* receiver/dvr up for it (menu - settings & help - settings - audio - dolby digital on)

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Normally, the only connection to your TV would be the HDMI out from receiver to HDMI in to TV. The input sources would all be connected to the AVR. No need for ARC. The receiver is a better central hub for the system than the TV.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for your replies! After more thinking and reading and sleeping on it, I was just able to figure out the connections! Hooray!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts