AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I need some help deciding between projectors / screen for a living room that does not have 100% controlled lighting. I've attached pictures of the room, and while I'd be able to blockout light from the windows there would still be some ambient light (though minimal). When watching TV / movies, I'd turn the lights in the kitchen, etc off. I'll be starting from scratch with this system, as the room will be empty when I move in.

I'm planning on hanging a screen (motorized or manual) in front of a TV which will be located along the wall opposite the fireplace (but halfway towards the kitchen.

I'm currently torn between the 5030UB and HW40ES - what recommendations do you have regarding the projector, and what screen / size would you advise I get (budget on screen of up to $2500)?

Thanks so much!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
That will be a tough room and not really suited for a mid range dedicated theater projector as in the 5030/ HW40. It looks like throw will be less then 12' so I would save your money and get a BenQ 1070 to try out first just to see how you like it. The better projectors will look a little better but not a great difference compared to the price. If you want to darken the paint some then by all means go for the better projectors. Read the post in here that compares the two and decide for your self, they are very closely matched and both have pros and cons.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts