AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi guys,

I received my Benq w1080st last Friday and made a 120" DIY screen for now, Straight out of the box I am impressed with it. Right now I have it hooked up to my Oppo 103 hdmi output for watching Blu-ray's. I was curious if I can set it up through my Outlaw Audio model 975 processor to watch BD'S, TV and the kids Xbox without disconnecting the plasma or Xbox hdmi from the processor every time I want to use the projector. Sorry for the brain fart but I figured I would ask here before I start tearing the rack apart.

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Everything goes into avr then hdmi or component to projector. Switch sources on avr.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for the response, I do have everything going through the avr then out to the plasma via hdmi and everything works fine. Basically what I am asking is how do people hook up systems that use multiple displays? I want to be able to use the plasma for most of my viewing/office work and hang the screen from the ceiling and use the projector when watching movies with the kids.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
HDMI splitters work just fine as long as all displays are 1.4 compliant. If not and one is only 1.3 I have heard that some splitters will work with a primary and secondary output.. The cheaper ones will limit the EDID signal to the lowest compliant display.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thank you, That is the info I was looking for. Passive or amplified splitter, any recommendations?

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Just look on eBay or amazon for an HDMI splitter they are active and about $20 and up. The cheaper ones work just as well but have very poor quality HDMI connectors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts