AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am playing with a Dish 6000, want to send this to the CRT, and want to keep the HTPC. I have a Radeon 9500 MP-1, Canare cable, and a 9500LC with all of Mike's mods, so the video chain is clean/high end.

What can I use to switch the RGB output from the dish 6000 and the HTPC? I do have a RGBHV loopthru RGB module on the 9500, but I did not have Mike mod that, so when I hooked it up to the dish, it looked like total cr*p compared to the MP RGBHV input. I guess I could have Mike mod the loop through, but I'll have to check with him.

I see some extron boxes that should work, but am very concerned about quality/signal loss. I have an AutoPatch 4YDM distibution matrix and control panel, but this appears to be overkill for two inputs to one output. One spec that I like about the 4YDM is the 200Mhz video bandwidth.

What would you guys use?

What is the best out there?

TIA

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
TIA

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll look for one :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I use a extron system 8 switcher with remote which I installed. I use it to switch between my dishnetwork 6000, my HTPC, momitsu 880 DVD player and a unity motion UM 1000 receiver. The switcher has either a 250 MHZ or 300 HMZ bandpass depending on model. Extron made a system 8 and a system 10 switcher. I have a extra unit with a aftermarket remote which I installed . I will put it up on e-bay if anyone is interested. Link to Extron switcher information http://www.extron.com/download/download.asp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.