AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to add a 2nd 60 gig drive to my system.

I can't get either the win2000 or linux boot disk to work. I have both rtvpatch_image_2001-03-22.zip and RTVPatch.exe. The boot disk runs fine but after typing the "mount/dev/hda1/mnt" I get a message "not found."

RTVPatch.exe run from a dos window does not respond and the computer hangs requiring a reboot.

My computer is win me on c: and win2000 on k: using system commander. The primary drive is partitioned. Secondary drive is just for storage. The two 60 gig drives are recognized by the bios. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Sorry I can't help you with the Linux version, but I'm pretty sure that the W2K version (RTVPatch.exe) is launched within windows (double click on the file in Explorer, for example) and not from a command prompt.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Review the linux instructions closely. The hard disks must be jumpered and connected the appropriate Primary or Secondary IDE position or the "hda1" command will look to the wrong IDE position.

As for win2000 boot it up and as baysidebas says click on the RTVPatch.exe icon and it will start up. Just to make sure you downloaded the correct program the win2000 RTVPatch icon is a red circle with a + in the center. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.