AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys-

New to the forum. Just brought home a Samsung LN52A630 last night. Hooked it all up today, pretty happy with the ease of hookup etc..

The only thing I am noticing is that on black screens the upper corners seem to have a lighter appearance. Have read a bit about "backlight bleeding" on these forums and was wondering if his is what it might be? Doesn't seem to effect any PQ or scenes, but is evident on screens where it goes to all black, like between channels with my directv receiver? Could be totally normal as well? Just didn't know if there was a setting adjustment?

Thanks for any help-

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
turned the power saver to auto and it seemed to darken the blacks a bit, but definitely lighter in all 4 corners of the panel?

ugh!

·
Registered
579 Posts
I've had my LN52A630 for about 4 days.

I'm seeing the exact same stuff on mine, the only difference being is that my brighter areas are on the lower two corners.

Like you said, it isn't noticeable at all with any program viewing. Not yet, anyway.

Fantastic picture quality, otherwise.

These bright areas are very much dependant on viewing angle and look exaggerated when viewing off-axis, like when standing in front of the display looking downward. And still, it's only visible between [Dish, HDMI] channel changes, so far..

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
If it's in the corners it's usually called flashlighting and while it's not normal, it's quite common with LCD's. You can try adjusting the backlight and brightness if you have those to high that will make it worse but otherwise, most recommend if it doesn't effect normal viewing then don't be concerned as it is possible to trade it and get one worse.

LCD's seem to be a crapshoot when it comes to this. I got lucky on my TV but my computer monitor has it everywhere. I never notice it once it's booted up though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the reply and help

I have my blacklight level on 5 and brightness on 50 pretty much what it was out of the box (blacklight was actually 7 i think?)

any recommendations? I have seen some of the threds for calibrations and it seems like it's pretty much personal preference?

thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts