AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find the best and most economical way have music on our back patio. We have a wireless network and I would love to be able to setup a playlist on one of our computers and somehow transmit it outside. I've been searching online, but have come up empty. I guess I really have no idea what I'm looking for. I'm assuming the speakers, be them wired or wireless, need to have some sort of dedicated transmitter that is the "go between" from your source (computer, receiver, etc.) and the outdoor speakers. Any suggestions?

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
Computer? Network? You could do one of many streaming media boxes to an amp, or do something like a Sonos with or without an amplifier built in (depending on the volume you need you might want an external amp and just the player). The sonos is really awesome because you can also control it on an ipod touch or iphone, thus you don't have to buy the handheld controller that way if you already have an iphone/ipodtouch. That way you can get all the streaming music you want, and also access whatever music libraries you have on your network, and control it when you're outside with all the coverart and all that. there's also all the slingbox type options out there too, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts