AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am probably missing something pretty simple but here it goes.

Problem: I want to stream content using Smarthub on my Samsung TV (like Vudu or Hulu) and be able to listen to it through my AVR (Denon 1910).

What would be the proper connections to do that?

Right now I have 1 HDMI from TV to HDMI switcher that connects to PS3 and DVR so I can watch 3D content since the 1910 is non 3D. I have another HDMI from the TV that is going to the AVR Monitor Out which I am only really using right now to view the AVR menu so I can put that in a different input if need be.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay I'll try that thanks. Thought my days of running cables inside the wall while the TV is already hung were over.... One more cable.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruiz00tx  /t/1417146/need-help-with-setup-how...sound-through-avr-instead-of-tv#post_22160497

Okay I'll try that thanks. Thought my days of running cables inside the wall while the TV is already hung were over.... One more cable.

Hi ruiz00tx, forget the optical cable and just watch Vudu and Hulu on the PS3.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin  /t/1417146/need-help-with-setup-how...sound-through-avr-instead-of-tv#post_22160929

Hi ruiz00tx, forget the optical cable and just watch Vudu and Hulu on the PS3.

That's another option I was thinking of as well.

One more question, if I was going to run an optical from AVR to TV, would that be on the Optical Out of the receiver? I hope so because the 2 optical inputs are already taken.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts