AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Spaun 5801 multi-switch feeding six (soon to be eight) satellite boxes throughout my home. Four of these receivers are non-HDTV, regular old Sony B55's. The other two are Mitsubishi HDTV-capable. I have an Oval dish.

All six sat receivers are working great for non-HDTV reception.

But, my installer could not get anything to work at all until we dis-connected the two cables from the dish to the Spaun that carry the HDTV signals.

When I re-connect these cables none of the receivers can receive anything.

Before installing the Spaun, for a brief time, I was using the 4x4 multi-switch that comes with the dish. The HDTV channels worked then, though I only tried them briefly.

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Try changing you "A" connections to "B" and "B" to"A". I had a simular problem and it turned out the dishes were reversed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've attached one of the cables from the 2nd satellite feed to one of the B inputs on the Spaun, and now I can receive both channel 199 and 509 from DirecTV. My System Test menu reveals that I am receiving the odd-numbered transponders fine (strength only in the 50's though...). Even transponders are reading 0 so I assume that is what is on the dis-connected cable.

So most everything works, but if I hook up the even LNB cable for the HDTV DirecTV satellite then I cannot get anything.

A second problem I have is that one of my two Mitsubishi HD400 receivers only intermittently sees channels 199 and 509, and only one of them at a time. My other identical Mitsubishi receiver, in a different room, works fine, seeing both 199 and 509 all of the time.

- Jon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.