AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys, sorry if my english isnt that great. Im from Holland or the netherlands whatever you want to call it. 😀.
The thing is i have a dennon avr 1713. And now i can buy a sweet set of swan speakers.

2 x swan s600b surround
1 x swan s600b center
2 x swan s600b-f fronts

They are all 4 ohms.

Im planning to upgrade my amp later on. But Am i able to play these speakers on this amp untill i got another one? I dont crank it up to high volumes.

Or should i go for the other set? Containing

2 x polk fxi A4
2 x polk rti A3
1 x polk csi A4
1 x dswpro 550WI

These are all 8 ohms.

The swan set is from 2006 almost never been used for 800 euro
The polk set is 550.

Thanks in Advance

Attachments

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
Two red flags IMHO regarding the Swan's...
Why weren't they used over 11 years?
How were they stored for 11 years?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two red flags IMHO regarding the Swan's...
Why weren't they used over 11 years?
How were they stored for 11 years?
Because he moved in with his girlfriend. He told me They had been indoors all the time, By that in mean not in a storage or something like that. But i dont know if this is all true.

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
Indoors could mean a basement... garage... attic. ;)

Same "seller" for both sets of speakers?

·
Registered
6,199 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Manual for Denon AVR-1713 (as well as markings below Speaker Terminals) indicate that it is designed for 6-16 ohm Speakers.... so they are trying to tell you to NOT use 4-ohm Speakers
I know. But i thought maybe it Will work on normal volumes. But to be honest im leaning more towards the polk set. I cant find Some in depth reviews of the swans.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys i made my choice. Im going for the kef iq50 with the kef iq10 en the kef q2c. The center i Will upgrade later as Well as my sub(currently Harmann kardon). Bought the whole set including a Yamaha rx v463 for 400 euro.s

1 - 9 of 9 Posts