AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got one of the last A1's around. Bought in on 3-1-07 from Tweeter. Found out that I qualified for 5 free HDDVD's. Unfortionatly I had no box. Sent in all the information I could to no avail. Got a letter this week from Toshiba, they would not give me the disks without the UPC code from the box. Tweeter also could not help me out. Does anyone have a UPC code for an A1? I love the unit to much to return it for an A2 just to get the free disks.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I would go back to tweeter and explain to them the situation and that the only way you see to get the HD DVD's would be to return the player to them and take your business elsewhere. My bet is that they want to keep your business and offer you some sort of compensation (or find a box in the back with the UPC).

·
Registered
16,166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivartk /forum/post/0

I would go back to tweeter and explain to them the situation and that the only way you see to get the HD DVD's would be to return the player to them and take your business elsewhere. My bet is that they want to keep your business and offer you some sort of compensation (or find a box in the back with the UPC).

Sorry, but I don't understand. He bought the A1 3 months ago and threw out the box. And why is this Tweeter's problem??? Or did he buy a unit without a box, in which case Tweeter should have given him a big discount to begin with (open box item??) which would make up for the lack of free movies. IMO, we're missing info here re: the true story. I also believe Tweeter's return policy is 30 days, so he cannot return it.

·
Registered
643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsnooker9 /forum/post/0

It was an open box. The discount I would say not really. I could not find another A1 anywhere else. I guess I'll have to eat it!

No fears man, I mailed everything in via CMRRR and they *still* told me I didn't send the UPC code. You're dealing with a crapshoot promo at best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.