AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used Vizio GV42L and it works fine except it will not pickup any analog or digital channels using an antenna. When I go to the menu and have it scan for channels the Analog completes finding zero channels and then it will not even try to scan for digital.

The channel up and down does not work on the side of the TV nor does it work on the remote. But I can type each channel in individually using the keypad.

The antenna I am using TERK HDTVa indoor amplified antenna for off the air reception.

Any ideas?

TIA

·
Registered
23,234 Posts
1) make sure the antenna's power supply is working and/or connected properly.

2) make sure your TV's tuner is set to scan for antenna/air and not cable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I checked the antenna it works fine on another set and I tried scanning channels on both cable and antenna settings. I am a little concerned on why the channel + and channel - do not work, but hopeful it's not a mainboard problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, used, but had a different problem, now I am trying to fix this problem. I am trying to fix this to replace my aging 35" CRT Sony Trinitron because I won't be able to afford a new LCD anytime soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchland /forum/post/20902044

Yes, used, but had a different problem, now I am trying to fix this problem. I am trying to fix this to replace my aging 35" CRT Sony Trinitron because I won't be able to afford a new LCD anytime soon.

This unit was made in September 2006, will it need a digital converter? Just grasping at straws

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.