AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone the problem Im having is I purchase my 1st 3D movie (The Last Airbender) and when I start the movie the TV says 3d detected & at the menu screen it looks like true 3d, also when I go into my menu screen on the TV itself it shows normal 3d and I can adjust the depth to give it a even more 3d feeling. Now this is where the problem lies, when I hit play to start the movie the 3d stops and the only way I can watch the movie in 3d is to go to the stimulated 3d feature. Hopefully everyone can understand what Im trying to describe its kind of like stimulating a normal TV channel vs watching ESPN 3d.

Oh my setup consist of Sony XBR 52-LX900, PS3, Integra 40.2. Ive tried numerous things, Ive hooked the PS3 directly to the TV, Ive even used my Sony 3d Blu-Ray Player because I was told that the PS3 cant do 1080P 3d but Ive gotten the same results with the PS3 & the Sony Blu Ray Player.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
7,005 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodsaleen /forum/post/19558403

Hello everyone the problem Im having is I purchase my 1st 3D movie (The Last Airbender) and when I start the movie the TV says 3d detected & at the menu screen it looks like true 3d, also when I go into my menu screen on the TV itself it shows normal 3d and I can adjust the depth to give it a even more 3d feeling. Now this is where the problem lies, when I hit play to start the movie the 3d stops and the only way I can watch the movie in 3d is to go to the stimulated 3d feature. Hopefully everyone can understand what Im trying to describe its kind of like stimulating a normal TV channel vs watching ESPN 3d.

Oh my setup consist of Sony XBR 52-LX900, PS3, Integra 40.2. Ive tried numerous things, Ive hooked the PS3 directly to the TV, Ive even used my Sony 3d Blu-Ray Player because I was told that the PS3 cant do 1080P 3d but Ive gotten the same results with the PS3 & the Sony Blu Ray Player.

You were told wrong as the PS3 with the current firmware (version 3.50) does 1080/24 3D just fine, i.e, the same as a standalone Blu-ray 3D player as far the 3D video is concerned (but in 3D mode the PS3 does not support Java 3D menus nor the lossless audio formats). Does your Sony 3DTV have a info screen where you can verify what mode its in while you are playing the 3D video on the PS3, or the standalone Blu-ray 3D player? Does the Sony 3DTV have a menu item to manually select or force the 3D mode to use?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones /forum/post/19559497

You were told wrong as the PS3 with the current firmware (version 3.50) does 1080/24 3D just fine, i.e, the same as a standalone Blu-ray 3D player as far the 3D video is concerned (but in 3D mode the PS3 does not support Java 3D menus nor the lossless audio formats). Does your Sony 3DTV have a info screen where you can verify what mode its in while you are playing the 3D video on the PS3, or the standalone Blu-ray 3D player? Does the Sony 3DTV have a menu item to manually select or force the 3D mode to use?

While at the menu screen it shows 1080/24p HD|3D|16:9 and below that it says 3D: on and once I start the movie it shows, then it displays 1080/24p HD|16:9. Then I must put the TV into the simulated 3D mode for it work. Ive search under every mode & option and I dont see a way to force it into 3D. But the simulated mode is for viewing 2D movies in 3D.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodsaleen /forum/post/0

Go in to the display option in the ps3 menu then on the first option where the resolution setting are press (auto) then follow what it says..

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Have you tried viewing other native 3D content to see if the problem is with the disc itself? If you have another 3D BluRay, pop it in and see what happens. If you have no other 3D BluRays, try downloading the free 3D Sizzle video from the Sony Playstation Store using your PS3 (go to the PSN store, go to videos, then new releases and finally 3D to find it).

This will help you verify if the problem is with the disc or if there is some issue with the TV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.