AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some quick help here. My Yamaha RX-V2600 was fine but now I'm getting no sound out of my front speakers. A couple of months ago I accidentally hit the volume up on my harmony remote instead of channel up. I held the button down and my receiver's volume went through the roof and then it shut off before I could turn it off. I turned it back on and I guess I was only getting the center but watching mostly TV I didn't notice. So tonight I was setting up my Windows 7 HTPC and ran the test tones and got nothing from my front speakers. I know it's not the speakers because I hooked them up the the surround wires and got sound out of them. I'm guessing it's just a fuse or two in the Yamaha that blew since it's working fine on all other speaker channels. The question does anyone have a service manual or know where I could get one for this Yamaha receiver so I can at least get an idea of where to find the fuses if any. I'd hate to buy another receiver and I'm sure my wife isn't going to be happy. I wouldn't mind too much I guess because I could get the newest surround features and added HDMI ports for about half of what I paid for this Yamaha but I'd like to save myself the $500 and change fuses if that'll fix it. Any help would be appreciated before I start taking it apart. The Onkyo 607 looks pretty good if I can't fix my Yamaha.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update - I moved my front speaker connections to the B connectors on the back of the receiver and set it to play from the B speakers and now they are working. The "A" speaker light on the front of the receiver doesn't even light up. It's gotta be a fuse. Again any help is appreciated. I'd like to fix the issue if at all possible even if this work around will get me by.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump - anyone know how to change the fuse if there even is a fuse to change? I don't want to bother disconnecting everything and opening it up if there is nothing I can do to fix the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I have the service manual for the 2700, but I think it's a bit different. It has biamp terminals, but not AB terminals. If biamp did not work that would indicate to me that the surround amps should not work either.

I thought normal AB terminals were just a parallel connection to the same amp, so I don't know how the 2600 is wired.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.