AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Yesterday, I was able to buy Yamaha - RXV765BL for under $400. I bought it because after doing some research, I found out it was one of the best mid range receivers available and had a huge discount. Now, after doing some more research I found it there were some HTIBs that could be just as good and with speakers + cheaper after assembling.

I have the following questions:

I have around $400 cash to spend on speakers. Is it enough to get all the 7.1 sound system set? If not, what would you recommend as a must have speakers before getting the complete speaker 7.1 set.

Also, how does the HTIB, the two that I have in mind compare to this setup. Both HTIB that i have in mind are ONKYO HT-S7200 and YAMAHA YHT-791BL.

Also, are these speaker Polk RM6750 compatible with the receiver Yamaha that i bought ?

My use for the Home theater system are:

PS3 - Games & Blue ray

Directv HD Sports and Movies

Computer - very ocassional gaming.

Room Size:

I'd say is about a normal sized living room.

Thank you

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
Before buying the speakers you have mentioned, I would go for the Monitor series speakers from Polk. They have different sizes and price ranges. If you choose the smaller speakers in this line be sure and add the cost of speakers stands for them. Go to Polks E-Bay store and look at the prices for the Monitor Series along with the different models. The ones you are looking at are really for small rooms and the Monitor series is a much better speaker.

·
Registered
872 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'll second Phantom's answer. Also, with that budget, not only would I skip 7.1, I would also skip 5.1 for now. Focus on getting the most front left/right and center speaker you can afford, then later, add the sub, then side surround speakers. With a $400 budget, checkout Newegg.com - there you can pick up a pair of monitor 60 floor-standing speakers and a CS2 center channel and have it shipped within your budget (maybe $30 over). I think you'd be hard pressed to have better sound for less.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.