AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the Yamaha YHT-590BL HTIB last November. I've always thought the sound quality was great for the price but one thing has always bothered me. The dialouge in movies are pretty much horrible. The only way to hear it is for me to have the volume at around -10db, which is very loud for everything else, but really the only way to hear the dialouge at a good level. So when the action starts I have to turn the volume down and then back up once it stops. Maybe that's just the way it is and I need to live with it, or more than likely I'm doing something wrong. I've messed with the settings and gone through the menu but not really much luck. I've looked through the manual and that was no help at all. I was wondering if someone owns this same set and has any tips for me or could share their settings for me to try out and see if that works. I really appreciate any help. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually have the center channel at the maximum db level which is +10. I haven't actually checked the dynamic range. What exactly does that do or mean?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Its a feature which allows the dynamics of a soundtrack to be reduced so the loud stuff doesn't seem as loud. Your receiver has 3 settings; MIN, STD and MAX. Try both MIN and STD and use what sounds best to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts