AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Z1 proj. set up with a 100' Firehawk screen. This is my first projector that was set up 3 months ago. I have 330 hrs on the lamp timer and the picture is now extremely dim, just barely watchable. Has anyone had this problem with so little hours on the lamp? I'm afraid to spend 400 bucks on a new lamp if it's going to last me 300-400 hrs. When the Z1 was first set up. picture was bright and amazing being my first projector. Any suggestions on why my lamp dimmed so much so soon? Should I buy a new lamp? Any help appreciated...

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sadly, my Z1 lamp dimmed rapidly when there was about 1000 hours in counter... And all hours using low mode :(

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Jomo,

This could be an issue with the lamp ... but it also could be a power supply issue or even possibly a problem with the lamp ballast.

To be honest, I would target the lamp first ... and QUICKLY!

You only have a 90 day warranty on that lamp. If you are at the 3 month mark, I would get into Sanyo Tech Support (888/337-1215 ext.4) quickly in case they feel the lamp is the issue.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Since Sanyo won't guarantee lamp life, I am now wondering if the bulb life is only about 1,000 hours or so...

Are there any Sanyo Z1 owners with more than 1,000 hours on the same bulb?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Whooooooaaaaa Nelly. :D :D :D

The only manufacturer out there with anything OTHER than a 90 day lamp warranty is NEC (which is 6 months).

Some only warranty replacement lamps for 30 days (see Sony).

It is not a matter of NOT warrantied.

For example, if you run your projector 24/7 for 90 days ... you rack up more than 2000 lamp hours. So, in theory, Sanyo is saying they would warranty for more than 2k lamp hours.

And before I get the nay-sayers ... yes, there ARE people and places that use this projector pretty darn close to 24/7.

The 90 days is just a happy medium. Because obviously in theory if you ran your unit 24/7 (or even 12 hours a day) and only got 1000 hours out of them ... Sanyo would be sending you a free lamp every couple months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.