AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Elite's keeps freezing up on me , sometimes when i power it down and back on I get the RROD, and sometimes i dont . It just did it again but this time the screen just went a funny pale orange color. Does anyone know what this might be?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
My original Pro started doing something like that and eventually died. Getting display artifacts generally means GPU trouble. It might have become unseated or it's heatsink isn't making proper contact. There's a chance you could repair this sort of thing yourself. Sites like this show you how: http://offto.net/xbox_repair . And YouTube has a bunch of walk through videos. But if you haven't had it 3 years yet you can just send it back to Microsoft and have them repair it for free.

What's the build date of your Elite?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It doesn always get a rrod after the screen freezes , that why I was wondering if it was something else. when i do the sode check i get 0000, thats another reason why i posted on here cause i couldnt find what code that is.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl drifter /forum/post/16918429

It doesn always get a rrod after the screen freezes , that why I was wondering if it was something else. when i do the sode check i get 0000, thats another reason why i posted on here cause i couldnt find what code that is.

phone microsoft and tell them you got the 3 red lights and send it to them. problem solved

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.