AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there know where I can find a guillemot geforce 2 gts pro video card for less than $300. I've check price watch closest I came was 309 and they were out of stock.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Merth:

___Instead of the Guillemot, you really should consider the ELSA “Gladiac†GeForce2 Ultra from Newegg for just $248.00 shipped. You achieve a better HTPC output, better-supported drivers, and the card is faster than any 64 MB Pro card for gaming.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

------------------

New E-Mail address for the time being ... [email protected]

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well let me ask this does this card support rca video out I'm hooking to a big screen no S-video capabilities here.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
He probably just means what is typically the yellow RCA plug that carries video. Composite I believe?

Most cars with s-video out come with an s-vid to composite adapter. I know my Geforce 1 did. If it doesn't you can get one at Radio Shack.

------------------

Cal Z.

Mits 65903 (65" widescreen HDTV)+ RCA DTC-100

and

Gateway Destination 27" (Princeton Arcadia based)+HTPC (Pentium II 400, 256mb, 20gb+9gb HD, Radeon LE, cybertainment tv tuner, asus dvd-rom, hercules game theater xp, Kenwood VR409 DTS receiver)

[email protected]

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Merth:

___You are talking about Component/YPbPr 3 RCA jack out, right? There are no cards available in the US that support this at the moment. If you are talking about 5 BNC type connections, than you just need to buy the cable. What it sounds like you need and most everyone that has a Component in HD display uses is an RGB to Component converter available from Key Digital, Audio Authority, or even RCA. The last one is definitely not recommended.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

------------------

New E-Mail address for the time being ... [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.