AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finishing a DIY projector based on a principal(idea- if i speald the other word wrong) from tomshardware site, in section pc&how to(it`s an artical from november 2004)

The problem is sorce of light because i use overhead projectors base to instal metal-halid lamp,but i tried with 150W and it`s ok up to 2,2m widenes(of course i want biger),i can`t instal 400W because it can`t fit insade the box.The question is:Can i instal two 150W lamps side by side(practikly touching each other),and will it work or they will make blury picture.I need quick answer. :)

P.S.:Sorry my writen english is a little rusty. :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I finished the projector :D Because i must have at least 5 posts,i had to split it.Just follow the crams(posts).

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I just looked at the Tom's Hardware guide article - I did not read all of it. They said to use a 350W lamp. You can't use two lamps, because the light has to come from a single source (if you can't fit a 400W lamp in, you certainly won't be able to fit in the optics to collimate 2 - 150W lamps).

I'm surprised that you built it with only a 150W lamp design, since the article clearly states that a 350 Watt lamp is needed. Certainly you should not have gone with anything less than 250 Watts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your answer is two months late.But the thout counts.They used halid 400w lamp,i used 400w metal-halid lamp.Those tipes of lamps don`t have same light efficency ,and spectrum.Metal-halid lamps give 500-700% more light per watt,and better spectrum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.