AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok gang. many people on here know i have been pining for an HDTV for months. i have been researching and re-researching. pretty much my choices are down to hitachi and samsung. hitachi is a mixed bag brand...i even met a peson who said they bought an 08 slim model ultravision that needed several repairs after only a few months. samsung is a gold standard brand. i cannot find the hitachi 120hz set i want anywhere. i search and its not around. i recently found that a local store near where i live called Flint Audio/Video in middletown, Rhode Island does layaway. they want full MSRP for the set but they do price match. i saw in a BB flier that they are selling about 200 less after savings. i think i can get Flint A/V to price match. my question is...how many of you would make a lump down payment on the samsung 37b650...and how many of you would go for the hitachi? the samsung is hugely expensive..but this place offers an in store 2 year warranty and free service. they have been in business for over 30 years.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I'd check amazon.com for a price comparison before buying local. And if you use an AM EX or other card with a one year extended warranty, you may come out with a much better price and a two year warranty.

PS: Choose the Samsung either way.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes444 /forum/post/16969690

I'd check amazon.com for a price comparison before buying local. And if you use an AM EX or other card with a one year extended warranty, you may come out with a much better price and a two year warranty.

PS: Choose the Samsung either way.

i know for a fact i can get it online for more than 100 than i would pay at my local hdtv store. But, this store offers great service and warranty. they have been in business for a long long time. i am not convinced it is wise to shop onlin for an hdtv.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts