AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started a Def Tec 7.1 system, consisting of 7004, 2500, 350's & BP2X's. I am also considering a Super Cube I. Other than matching the system, is this a good sub to be used mostly for HT?

·
Registered
8,482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnewt /forum/post/19577053

I have started a Def Tec 7.1 system, consisting of 7004, 2500, 350's & BP2X's. I am also considering a Super Cube I. Other than matching the system, is this a good sub to be used mostly for HT?

If you are happy trading performance for size and price.

You can get more performance for your money if you go bigger and ported.

·
Registered
721 Posts
The only reason to buy anything in the subercube series is if you have masssive WAF or size constraints.

Barring that you're wasting your money and you could get OH so much performance for the money.

·
Registered
534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 /forum/post/19577099

Depends on what kind of deal your getting and your room size

Agreed. The Supercube I is nice, but for the 600-700 dollar price you can probably do better for a HT sub. The Reference and Trinity are the only Def Tech subs I've heard that have really "wowed" me. Read around the sub forums some more and you'll find plenty of nice options.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by laeriq /forum/post/19578382

Agreed. The Supercube I is nice, but for the 600-700 dollar price you can probably do better for a HT sub. The Reference and Trinity are the only Def Tech subs I've heard that have really "wowed" me. Read around the sub forums some more and you'll find plenty of nice options.

that is my next ?..........what would anyone suggest..........SVS?

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
I gave the entire SC roman numeral line a chance (actually two chances) to sell me on these subs. They aren't bad, just unimpressive for the money. I've heard from others that the Reference and the Trinity, neither of which I have heard, are spectacular subs, but the I, II, and III are a collection of also rans. They do look good, but for HT, look elsewhere.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have both the Supercube Reference and an SVS PB13U. I bought the SCR first, and I must say, I loved it...until I bought my PB13U. The SVS is much larger, but its MSRP is less as well and the sheer performance is substantially better. For the money, I would go with SVS. I'm also looking into the HSU ULS and I have a feeling it's going to be a pretty good sub as well. Again, the SCR is a great sub and it does look nice (with a small footprint), but you can do better...I know I did. If you get a great deal on the SCR, then by all means snatch it up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts