AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife wants me to remodel living room and I am losing the space that my THT sub is in. This is OK for me because it gives me excuse to try new subwoofers.

After the redesign of the room I will have room on the front stage for 2 - 8cube boxes with a max height of 22 inches.

I am thinking dual Dayton Audio 18 HO in vented boxes tuned to about 20 hertz and powered by an INUKE 3000, Would this be a performance upgrade over my THT?

Thanks

volt

·
Banned
15,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by volt2amp  /t/1469370/need-ideas-to-best-a-tht#post_23230694

I am thinking dual Dayton Audio 18 HO in vented boxes tuned to about 20 hertz and powered by an INUKE 3000, Would this be a performance upgrade over my THT?
The only significant advantage to going with two subs is room mode smoothing, and you won't get that by having both subs at the front of the room.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
B Fitzmaurice, I understand what you said. I currently have your THT (36x36x32) in rear corner and absolutely love the sound but my wife has now proclaimed that area with a sectional couch. I hate loosing my bass. The only place in room is directly below screen, center of room I really need it to come in under 22" do you think there is an alternative that may be comparable in output of my tht that will fit this space.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex  /t/1469370/need-ideas-to-best-a-tht#post_23231664

Can you do a dual IB via manifolds thru the floor with back wave in basement?

Sent from my 32GB iPhone4 using Tapatalk

I wish:) This is first floor of two story home with concrete slab, no basement. I can extend cabinet thru wall into a space under the stairway.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Two subs in the front of the room at 1/4 wall points will cancel all odd order modes and the first even mode, providing one row of seating with the same presentation, it's how my room is configured. Yes, two 18's will go deeper than a single THT, and on par with SPL. Seal them for better extension.

JSS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.