AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, for the same price, should I choose 2003 73" GoldPlus (WS 73411) or 2004 65" GoldPLus (very similar to last years platinum plus) (ws 65411).

The newer 65" has 5-elemnt EDF lenses (sharper picture), firewire port and HDTV built in.

Last year's 73" has (obviously) a bigger screen, 9" guns (vs 7" on the 65), and 6 element lenses (non edf).

I really need help on this fast. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I have never installed the 73 inch but I have the 65 inch Mitsubishi. I have never compared the new EDF lens to the older lenses. I think firewire and the built in tuner are irrelevant for this purpose as you will probably opt for a third party high def box, even if its a DVR to record high def signals. Only Mitsu to date supports firewire and while it may prove important my memory tells me you could purchase the firewire card later. The issue comes down to the superior resolution of the 9" tubes vs the improved ELD lenses. I'd opt for the resolution of the 9" lenses. I remember Joe Kane lecturing that only a 9 inch tube could do high definition justice. In my book size counts.

Alan

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
umpqua5,

FWIW - I have a Mits 65909 in my bedroom and the PQ in HD is nothing short of stunning (holds up well against my TV3).

I watch prime time HD TV (via OTA) on a fairly regular basis and really enjoy the quality of the picture on my Mits.

I've seen the 73 inch as well (very nice) and I coudn't tell much difference between the two viewing HD (FYI - I reviewed both units and purchased my 65909 in June of 2002). The reason I went with the 65 inch was cost, at that time the 73 inch was thousands more.

However, if I were you I'd go with the 73 inch (My motto is "bigger is better"). Wow! 9 inch CRT's:)

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
9 inch CRT's and a bigger screen. You just cannot go wrong. It's serious drool factor.

Bigger IS better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.