AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I film my son's Friday night high school football games. The coach needs to give a DVD copy of the game to next week's opponent on Saturday morning. So I need to quickly make a copy of the game each Friday night.

Right now I tape onto mini-DV tape, and have to play out the entire game (30 to 60 minutes of tape) to a old Sony DVD burner that the football team has. So I'm there until late at night, even later after away games. Making the copies is easy because he has a 5 tray DVD copier.

What would be a faster way to make our game DVD after the game? I thought I might get a DVD camcorder, but these all seem to use 8cm DVDs and only hold 20 to 30 minutes of video.

Thanks!

Pat

·
Registered
125 Posts
My suggestion is to keep using your cam, put the footage on your PC and burn copies from there. That why you always have the master copy on your PC's HDD in case you want to make more copies. Burning videos to a DVD should take about 5-10min, in less the video format has to be encoded to mpeg-2 it will take longer. In that case, after the game go home start the DVD burning, goto sleep and when you wake up saturday morning deliever the disc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking to have the DVD done right after the game is finished. Having to play out the tape takes too long, and then the DVD recorder sometimes does not work, and I have to start over.

That's why I'm asking about a DVD camcorder, but it needs to burn the entire game to one DVD.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp19
I'm looking to have the DVD done right after the game is finished. Having to play out the tape takes too long, and then the DVD recorder sometimes does not work, and I have to start over.

That's why I'm asking about a DVD camcorder, but it needs to burn the entire game to one DVD.
By a hd camera with a good memory card or with a big enough internal memory. Use a laptop with a DVD burner and that should do it. Some cameras can download to a external DVD burner I think it's the sonys but not positive.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Like you said before all dvd camcorders use the small 8cm disc to record to. The small dvds dont hold much footage, although you could swap disc when one gets full. The small 8cm dvds play on almost all regular dvd players. Ever wonder what that inner groove on your dvd player was for? DVD camcorders are out dated, and theres a chance it might not play on certain dvd players.

Your best option is to invest in a memory based camcorder, so you can transfer the games video file to your pc without having to watch it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.