AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on buying the Denon HTIB DHT-590BA with the Boston MCS-90 speakers at Best Buy, but after months on the Best Buy website as "unavailable" or "backordered", now it is gone from their site.

Does anyone know anything about this HTIB package? It looks like the best value for $550. Upconverting, low % THD, nice sub and speakers, very good quality for the $$. But now you can't get it anywhere except one place on Amazon for $525 plus $130 shipping.

Does anyone know about this system and where to get it? Is it coming back? This sounds like it is way better than the comparable Onkyo and Yamaha HTIBs. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
29,109 Posts
I've seen and heard the 589BA at my local Fry's and it uses the same speakers as the 590BA. The speakers are okay but no better than the Polk Audio RM6750 which you can find for $200. If you couple that with the Onkyo HT-RC160, you get a better receiver than the Denon 590. The Onkyo is a 7.2 receiver vs the Denon 5.1.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882120146
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882290066

By the way the analog video conversion on the Denon is only 480i to 480p.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Do you have any Sears around you? If you really like them, they are clearing out BA Horizon/MCS series speakers. I've seen MCS100 kits @ less than two bills there. HPS10SE 10" sub @ less than one bill.

The MCS90 speaker kit is rather humble and I wouldn't recommend it. You don't really get a very good sub with any MCS series until the MCS130. Onecall has white MCS130 kits at a reasonable price. You may also want to check newegg's Energy deals.

The x89 series Denon's are starting to be cleared out to make room for the x90's. There should be some very good deals on those if you hunt.

Nothing wrong with that 590 system, but I think you can do a lot better with some work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts