·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everbody

used to cruise around here then lost touch

lost pasword had to re register

just sold my home and my 3 year old toshiba TW 65H81

the Toshoba was great the only thing that bothered me for 3 years was the ringing

ie slight outline to the right of any image

is this still a problem?

(ISF clibrated by Steve Martin aka cheezmo, did a fantastic job)

Any way I want to get another 65 incher in my new home from Best Buy as i have about 500 X-mas credit

any price between $2000-$3000

and i want to get before SB sunday

in a quick nut shell which do you guys prefer/recommend esp in terms of very soon to do ISF tune up

Samsung

Mits

Toshiba

thanks

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm in exactly the same boat. I had my 65" Mits since September, 2001 and sold it last week with my house. My complaints were the red-push and a slight raster ringing on the left side of the screen.

Unlike you, the sheer heft of the 65" CRT and the difficulties in moving it in and out are making me lean heavily toward a DLP or LcOS solution or even a front projector. Have you started looking at these "new" technologies, if so, why are you deciding to stay with the CRT RPTV?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I recently bought my WS-65713 and have not experienced any rings visible on the screen. It has the Tru-Focus lenses but my other Mitsu 55" has there entry level lenses and I haven't sen any visible rings on this model either. I would stay with a CRT RPTV just because they are the best they have ever been in the past and they are proven over time. Also, they seem to be more tuneable/serviceable.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they are indeed monster in size

but a digital 65 inch tv is monster in price

i can wait a few more years to get a 65 in digital when it comes down to more affordable (for me )prices

i remember when rptv were in +10,000 range

so any ideas which to purchase?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.