AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see where on-line vendors are now shipping the Panny TH50PX20UP. Has anyone received one of these yet and how is it? I am debating between this and the commercial TH50PHD6UY.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Nascar Tom has one sitting on a boat off of Hawaii. That seems the closest anyone on this forum has to actually owning a Panasonic TH-PX series plasma.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have heard everything for a few weeks (two weeks) ago, end of Octomber, to end of November. I have a chance to purchase a discounted T-50PHD4-P with 2000 hours on it and not wait. Outside of the Tunner and speakers are there any display differances?

Russ

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have heard everything for a few weeks (two weeks) ago, end of October, to end of November. I have a chance to purchase a discounted T-50PHD4-P with 2000 hours on it and not wait. Outside of the Tuner and speakers are there any display differences?

Russ

·
Registered
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Franchot
Nascar Tom has one sitting on a boat off of Hawaii. That seems the closest anyone on this forum has to actually owning a Panasonic TH-PX series plasma.
Actually Tom already received his 42PX and gave a helpful review on it. As far as the 50PX, one poster in Chicago said he went to an electronics store, forgot which one, and the guy working there said it will be on display within a week. So it seems the October 15th release date stands.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The 42px is on display at Sound Advice ( a Tweeter owned company) in South Florida

·
Registered
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bure9
Actually Tom already received his 42PX and gave a helpful review on it. As far as the 50PX, one poster in Chicago said he went to an electronics store, forgot which one, and the guy working there said it will be on display within a week. So it seems the October 15th release date stands.
October 15 is the date that our local Tweeter told my wife and I. Can't wait to see it! That's the one I've been waiting for before deciding what to buy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
cperret, did your local Tweeters get the unit in today?

Ray

·
Registered
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TrainWreck
cperret, did your local Tweeters get the unit in today?

Ray
Hey guys,

I just called our local Tweeter to check on the 50PX. Salesman did some checking and said that the ETA had been push back to 11/3. DOH!

This sux. We've been putting this purchase off since last April and I'm getting anxious to buy. On the other hand, maybe this is good. It puts the Panny availability out around the new Pioneer 5040 timeframe, so it may be possible to actually see both of them before buying. ARRRGGHHH! I want a plasma!

Anyone hear anything different in your area?

Chris

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I spoke to a rep at BestBuy Plasma on Tuesday and he said 2-3 weeks, so that kind of jives with th 11/3 date.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cperret
Hey guys,

I just called our local Tweeter to check on the 50PX. Salesman did some checking and said that the ETA had been push back to 11/3. DOH!

This sux. We've been putting this purchase off since last April and I'm getting anxious to buy. On the other hand, maybe this is good. It puts the Panny availability out around the new Pioneer 5040 timeframe, so it may be possible to actually see both of them before buying. ARRRGGHHH! I want a plasma!

Anyone hear anything different in your area?

Chris
UPDATE...

Had a voice message on the answering machine today from the Tweeter salesman we've been working with. He says their system is showing the 50PX in the warehouse next Monday (10/27). There will be 4 and 2 are spoken for already. Wonder how much of a discount they'll give me for being an early adopter and a general nuisance while waiting.

Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.