AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some clearance speakers at my local best buy and I can't find hardly any reviews on them. I was needing input from anyone who had or is currently using these speakers:

Yamaha NS-C444 for $65

Yamaha NS-AP4400M front speakers - $44

Yamaha NS-333 fronts - $99

I currently am still using the KLH 4100 speaker package I bought back in college.

Any input greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jck,

I'm currently running a yamaha NS series setup. I'm very happy with them. They can be a bit thin in the bass region at times but that's why we have subwoofers. It's doubtful that you'll even notice as the speakers you're currently using don't appear to have the that much bass output. I would recommend Using the NS 444 and a pair of the ns 333 for the front left and right. they are all of the same series and use the same tweeter/mid range. essential for good continuity. you can use the other yamaha's for surround. though personally i just bought a pair of NS 777's for the fronts and use 2 pair of NS 333's for surround and rear center. for that price they are an excellent deal. I would snatch them up. have you asked to listen to them in the store? if not i would suggest you do. After all the only way you can decide what you really like is by listening to lots of speakers. My philosophy is buy the best you can afford and you only have to buy once. Speakers are an investment. You're more likely to change any other part of you system than a good set of speakers.

Hope this helps. if not let me know.

Glitch

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have a set for my home theater system well i have the whole set i like them good i can say but the small rear suround sets is a lil small for my taste

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
We blind A/B tested a pair of NS-333's against a bevy of inexpensive bookshelf speakers and they were my choice for a small room HT setup. Very even frequency response, no sibilance, great looks. They need a sub for the lowest octave, but are great for that price.

We also tested the NS-777's and they easily beat out similarly priced competition. Lots of strengths in this little known speaker line. You certainly can do no better at those prices.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts