AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread....

I have a Sherbourn 2/100 amplifier that I am using to power an Infinity SU-120 external subwoofer. Once I saw the electronics inside the subwoofer - I decided to ditch them in favor of the Sherbourn amp.

1st, I cannot find a manual or PDF for the Sherbourn 2/100 - the link above no longer works. Does anyone know where they moved the legacy manuals to?

2nd, does anyone have an opinion on using the 2/100 Sherbourn in bridged mode to power a sub? The amp is working for me after a quick re-wire of the speaker. However, I am pretty sure the amp is rated at 35 watts RMS and I am not sure what I need to power a subwoofer effectively.

Thanks in advance.

gnogiq

·
Registered
4 Posts
I sent an email to Sherbourn technical support. The sent me the manual for Sherboun Model 2/100A. Thanks go to Keith L, "Tecnical Guru" at Sherbourn for finding the PDF and emailing it to me.

For anyone else that is interested in a copy, here is the link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61154725/2-100A_Owners_Manual.pdf

FWIW, there are NO posted copies of these older Sherbourn amp manuals posted anywhere online. Hope this helps you folks.

I still cannot find the exact power output specs of this amp - pretty certain that the "35 watts x4 into 8 ohm load" is correct.

G

·
Registered
4 Posts
And finally the real specs on the Sherbourn 2/100A amplifier...

...This came straight from a tech at Sherbourn - Thanks for sending the prompt reply!

The 2-100A puts out 50 wpc x 2 channels (into 4 ohms)

If you were to parallel two 8 ohm speakers on each channel, then each would receive 25 watts (1/2 of 50 watts)

Bridged, it puts out 100 watts (one channel) into 8 ohms

I am running the amp bridged, running an 8-ohm, 10 inch subwoofer. I think the subwoofer needs a little more umpf to drive it but the performance feels pretty impressive. It is good enough to get me by for now.

If you have an older sub that needs an amplifier, the Sherbourn 2/100A amplifier will do the job OK. The room next to me shakes and the output seems very clean.

Hope that info helps.

G

1 - 7 of 7 Posts