AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing a lot of reading and some listening of my own. I'm ordering everything online so I'm trying to get everything I need in one order. I hate to ordered everything, wait a week, then when it gets here realize that I needed something else. After going back on forth if I should get sound now or I transmsion for my truck I've decided to make the wrong decision and get some sound. I'm going to put my order in tonight because I can't wait any longer
. This is what I'm getting so far.

Klipsch Quintet SL

Klipsch 12 inch sub

Free Audioquest type 1 50' flat speaker cable

Pioneer 1019 reciever

APC P11VNT3 surge protector

So my questions are: 1)Is there anything else I should need to install this setup that I'm overlooking? 2)What kind of speaker wire does the Klipsch SL system come with; will I need more?

3)Last but not as important question, I just couldn't find much info on it. Is the Pioneer 1019 worth the extra $100 compared to the 919? I've seen a direct comparison on their site but a few things I wasn't sure about.

I use a PS3 for blu ray player. The room this system is going into is 15'x18'. I am on a budget so I know theres better out there but this appears to be the best I can buy with the money I'm spending.

Thanks a lot for any input guys!

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Change the receiver to an onkyo 507 or 607 at least. They sound better and have more power than the pioneer and also have the new hd audio formats supported.

Change the sub to one of the svs subs. Any of their subs will play just as loud and will play much lower than the klipsch sub. You will be glad you made that substitution.

You can never have enough speaker wire. I always keep at least an extra 50 foot spool around to keep just in case the wife wants to move the furniture around.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Swap the sub. Plenty of options in all price ranges. Premier Acoustic PA 120 is one very good deal for a solid performer. Everything else looks good. Speaker wire from monoprice(dot)com if you need it. Go with the 919 if you don't need to run a second zone. They are almost identical.

Mounting Hardware? I don't know if it comes with it but that could be huge! Monoprice also has a great selection of them too. You want to have 360 degree movement not just up and down. Makes setup nice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.