AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Hitachi 51swx20b and am considering a progressive scan dvd player by Denon. My question is, which 3:2 pulldown do I use, the one on the dvd or television. I know the movie mode on the Hitachi will activate the process, but I want to know what you guys think on the situation. I have an interlaced dvd player, which is why I am asking this question.

I have been all over the internet and tried the search here, but could not find a suitable answer.

·
Registered
413 Posts
If I'm not mistaken I think all dvd players deliver a 3:2 "pulled down" signal. This is why you need a tv with 3:2 pulldown to be able to decipher it properly. So to answer your question, you'd use both.

I think this is the case...

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey. don't know the answer to your question, but I would like to know how you like your 51SWX. this is the set i'm considering and would like feedback. I will be sitting 9.5' away, how far are you? do you wish you would have gone bigger?

thanks, rob

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At first I settled for a 51uwx and then later returned it for the swx. Let me tell you, I am so glad that i did. I love this set. I am sitting about 10 feet away and can't picture a bigger screen. You lose definition in the picture if you go bigger and sit this close. So i think it was a good purchase and you can't go wrong.

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only because they have been around awhile. Some people tell me that they are trying to snag up all of the older series anyway. I don't see anything wrong with the new sets, just preference I guess. If I were you, I would definitely look into the 51swx20b.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.