Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I've been trying to get my pj professionally calibrated for a few months now with no success--Jeff B unfortunately had to cancel his October trip and I just discovered that his recommended replacement has canceled his November trip. In between I made the mistake of having an otherwise skilled ISFer who had NO experience with this pj attempt a grayscale with results that had to be reset completely, so...

Can anyone recommend an ISF tech who has experience on the NEC XG-135 chassis? I would obviously prefer someone relatively local, as I clearly have had bad luck with scheduling trips out here, but getting the right person for the job in relatively short order is of the most important thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Charles

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Hi,

Maybe you could try to contact William Phelps. He posts here under the screenname WM. I'm not sure if he has contact information listed. He is usually very busy but that's the problem with being the best.

Have you gone to the ISF website and looked at the listed ISF certified people for this area?

Good Luck,

Brian

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Hi,

The experience can be discussed in a pre-calibration interview, perhaps via phone. I bet most ISF certified people can set your (or mine) FP to as close to 65K as is possible but there's more to a calibration than that.

Good Luck,

Brian

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Charles,

I replied to your PM, but for the record, my email address is not (or shouldn't be) hidden. Last I looked I had it enabled in my profile.

I have been just a tad busier than usual lately... For those that don't know, check out the latest change in my schedule at:
http://www.meier-phelps.com

I've got a backlog of D-ILA projectors to get out, once those are done I should be able to work your projector in.

William

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good news all around!!

Congratulations on your newest scheduling conflict;-)

If you can pm me with your phone number, I'll give you a call to see what we schedule we can work out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
869 Posts
I sent some very detailed service/board level procedures to one of my ISF counterparts, Mr. Bob, to correct your projectors poor behavior. I assumed he was making a return trip.

I will call my favorite counterpart, Mr. Gannon, to see if he can make that trip North to get you 100%. He may be weighed down by SGHT duties, but he is interested in getting to SFO very soon. I talked with him just last week!

Jeff in Detroit

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the effort Jeff, but John was scheduled to come this weekend and just wrote to tell me he couldn't make it until at least December (and he's not sure even then). So, I will probably see if I can get it done with wm sooner (though he is obviously quite busy).

Mr. Bob and I hadn't discussed a return visit...I think the pj scared him off the first time:)

Cheers

Charles

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Something is wrong - I have my profile set to NOT hide my email address, and yet it is not visible. I sent a note to avsadmin asking what's up...

William

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
David tells me that due to past issues, email addresses are not allowed on AVS Forums.

William

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.