AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I personally own several Logitech Harmony remotes and love them. My grandparents (both over 80) recently upgraded their TV to a Samsung display and now seem to have difficulty grasping with the concept of changing inputs for their DVD/VCR combo and the Uverse DVR.

I'm wanting to get them a nice macro based universal remote that's as simple as possible. If I can avoid any kind of display on the device so much the better. I don't need any complex macros, just basic on/off and input cycling. Unfortunatly Logitech doesn't seem to make anything that simple.

I've tried looking at the One For All products but their site is sketchy and I can't seem to find any real reviews of their products.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
15,290 Posts
I think the URC WR7 is perfect for older folks. It's gigantic, backlit, simple, and does macros on the device buttons, so they're easy to remember. The latest One-for-all (OARUSB04G) is also nice, but more complicated to set up and use. It takes 2 button presses for macros versus 1 on URC.

Harmony can be as simple or complex as you choose to make it. There is no reason something like a 600 or 650 can't be made to work very simply.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts