AVS Forum banner

Need major help setting up onkyo 605 and ps3

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  eddy_winds 
#1 ·
Ok i just bought a used ps3. It only had one controler ( wireless ) and no manual. I also have an onkyo 605. Can someone please walk me through the setup process?

#2 ·
#3 ·
plug the PS3 and turn the power switch on in the back. You'll see a red light.

Hook up PS3 to receiver via HDMI and then to TV from the receiver. Set each to the right input.

Hold the I/O button on the front down until you hear it beep TWICE. Then follow the onscreen instructions.

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven975 /forum/post/14257456

plug the PS3 and turn the power switch on in the back. You'll see a red light.

Hook up PS3 to receiver via HDMI and then to TV from the receiver. Set each to the right input.

Hold the I/O button on the front down until you hear it beep TWICE. Then follow the onscreen instructions.

I have the same setup (605 and PS3) and it wasn't even as complicated as you've made it (which admittedly is pretty simple). It was simply a matter of plugging it in, turning it on, and stepping through the on-screen setup. Done.

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugnax555 /forum/post/14260228

I have the same setup (605 and PS3) and it wasn't even as complicated as you've made it (which admittedly is pretty simple). It was simply a matter of plugging it in, turning it on, and stepping through the on-screen setup. Done.

Its a used PS3 which has been configured for another system and won't automagically go into setup.

#7 ·
Need Major help?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.