Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks...

I'm looking for the model number for Sonys HD/Sat receiver SAT HD100.

I'm looking into buying an open box without a remote control and I'd like to try and locate the remote (1800 remotes, www.remotecontrol.com - any others I'm missing?) prior to buying the STB.

Has anyone had any success or problems with any of these companies btw? I've never even heard of them - had no use for them until now.

Thanks very much...

Tom

·
Registered
139 Posts
There's nothing all that special about the standard HD-100 remote other than the RF function. I dont use the universal functions. If radio frequency remote control is not important, any old pre-programmed remote, Sony or otherwise, will do.

Most critical functions can be controlled using front panel buttons on this unit.

·
Registered
346 Posts
And if im correct and your looking for the remotes model # its RM-Y808. But as stated besides RF nothing fancy I ve never even used mine.

Chris

·
Registered
28 Posts
I purchased a second RF remote from Sony last month to keep in my bedroom as I have all TV's in the house hooked to the one receiver. It was $69.95 plus T&S ($80.75). I really like the RF feature of the system. Sony's number is 1-800-222-SONY.

JBR

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for the input, and I'm glad to know that most of the receivers functions will work from the front panel.

I think for now I'll try using my TV remote...sure worth a try and see if I can save that 80 bucks.

Thanks again...

Tom

yeah Chris...I fudged my post, I intended to say I needed the remote model number

·
Registered
178 Posts
The only thing you won't be able to do with the remote is change the output setting. The HD100 remote has a button under the flip up panel that is for output control. However, most people like to use the input 3 variable setting and hence don't have to ever change it.

DeanP66

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.