AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should be getting my Samsung LN52-A650 any day now. I'll be wall mounting it with a Monoprice 3725. We had an addition put on the house and the wall I plan to mount the TV on used to be an exterior wall. The siding was removed down to the plywood and drywall was laid over the plywood. Since behind the plywood was the structural (used to be the frame of the house) wall, there was no need to reduce space by putting up 2x4s just to hang the drywall so the contractor just used furring strips. I'll be mounting through 1/2" drywall, 3/4" plywood, and then hopefully into the studs. The problem is I can't located the studs through a stud finder because of the space between the drywall and the plywood created by the furring strips. The good news is that wherever I drill I know I'm going to hit wood (plywood). The bad news is that without drilling dozens of holes in my wall I can't find the studs to attach the mount. The mount hasn't come yet so I'm not sure how it installs. Are there usually 4 corners where you have to line the mount up to hit the studs 16" on center or are there many holes in the back where if I put lag screws through all of them, I'll hit the studs at some point and the rest of the screws will secure into the plywood? Any ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.