Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Deeetroit Home Sports Bar

Votes: 1 33.3%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I will be starting a thread for my basement home theater/bar area/kitchen/entertainment renovation.  It's a 1970's style original build that had a the basic floorplan and framing in place but requires substantial upgrades and changes to modernize the space.  This includes tear out of existing kitchen, bathroom, bar, ceiling, walls, carpet, etc.

The space used to have paneled walls (tudor style to match home exterior) with 1970s intercom, yellow/orange colored stained glass windows that were backlit by flourescent bulbs, no insulation for the walls (live in Michigan), water sepage/leaks in 3 areas, office style 4x2 ceiling tiles w/ florescent fixtures w/ the bonus dead flies showing through the clear plastic.

I've already fixed (knock on wood) the water issues, tore out old kitchen, replaced intercom, amongst other items.  I'm in the process of the home theater/entertainment area and will open the thread with renovation pictures.  I need a name for the space.  It will be a combination of drywall, thin brick accents, Michigan State Spartans, Detroit Tigers/Lions/Red Wings/Pistons decor w/ a sports-type theme decor throughout.  Any suggestions?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Here's the awesome 70's windows lying on the curb...

Here's where I am with the TV wall:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I vote for Cyclone Country. Or Cobo Hall.

Seriously, though, you should put those windows on Craigslist. I'll bet someone local would want those.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Cyclones?  LOL

Someone did want those windows...they grabbed them from the curb before the garbage man picked them up.  I got a little sick of having them in the way, so took them to the curb vs. selling or donating.  At least someone is enjoying.

May have to change the name selections...more Spartans would like to participate:

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Looking at your avatar, I'd say lions den

1 - 5 of 5 Posts