AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am needing some help trying to figure out what is causing playback issues on my Little Black Box. If i connect a USB drive directly to the Little Black Box videos play fine. However, If connected through my network to my Drobo 5N videos play for 30secs to a minute then freeze and will eventually just exit out and go back to the main menu.

Here is how it is setup:

All Cat5e cables

Modem connected to Netgear GS108 switch

Little Black Box and Drobo 5n connected to Netgear switch.

SMB share between the two.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
What are you using to stream your media from the Drobo?

Does the Drobo support NFS Shares?

update: Little Black box...duhh my bad. Never heard of the device but it is running XBMC I suppose?

What file format are you using for your content? Is there any Transcoding involved?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I apologize for the delay in my response....been super busy at work.

Yes the Little Black Box is a XBMC unit.

If the Drobo 5N supports NFS shares I cant figure out how to activate it. I have ggogled NFS share for Drobo 5n and all the info I can find mentions downloading some info and editing kernnels which is above me. I even called Drobo's tech support and they didnt know what I was talking about. Thats builds confidence! The rep I spoke I spoke with said they would have to speak with Level 3 support and get back to me.

I am currently using different types of formats to see if one will play better than another. I have mainly been using a 4gig mp4 file of Man of Steel to test with as it seems to be the one that has the most issues. They all skip and freeze through hardwired network but play fine through wireless.

Im lost!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts