AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upgraded all my speakers in my home theater. I had the Onkyo HT-SR 800 HTIB for years. The speakers I currently have are all Klipsch. Front L/R: KSF 10.5 towers, Center: KSF-C5, Surround L/R: KSF-S5, Rear L/R: KSF-8.5 towers. Extra set of SB-1 bookshelf's. I have the SB-1 bookshelf as extra so should i maybe try and find a 9.1 receiver? Should I just pair the SB-1 with my surrounds and stay with a 7.1 or what...? No idea.

Should I buy new or maybe used? I was browsing craigslist and found a couple receivers and was wondering what you guys think of them?

Marantz SR6006 7.1 $575, Denon AVR-X3000 7.1 $550 and a Onkyo TX-NR1007 9.2 $? emailed for price.

I'm still using the receiver that came with the HTIB, Onkyo HT-R550. I'd like to get a new receiver next but have no idea what to start looking at. I use it usually for TV/Movies and music, sometimes gaming. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! The attached picture shows the specs of the current receiver I have.

·
Registered
7,811 Posts
You can also look into the Yamaha line up. The Aventage series are very good buys. Also H/K makes some models that should fit into your budget. Onkyo's are still having HDMI board problems.Also give the Pioneers a look. www.accessories4less.com also has a good variety of many brands that you can look into if you don't mind buying refurbs. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts