AVS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace my 1121k Pioneer Receive. She's slowly dieing. I have your typical Polk Monitor 70 system. 505 Sub. Want to stay at about 500 dollars. Also want to be prepared for a 4k TV upgrade in the future. Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply! How much better are the elites vs the less expensive more feature rich standard line? Also my 1121k is at 110 per channel vs 80 here. Big difference or does it matter?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. Any others you recommend with hdmi 2.2? Maybe I can add an amp at some point.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts

·
Premium Member
90,296 Posts
Thanks for the info. Any others you recommend with hdmi 2.2? Maybe I can add an amp at some point.
AFAIK, the Pioneer models are currently the only models on the street with full HDMI 2.0 (18GHz)/HDCP 2.2. You'll have to wait a few more weeks for the other brands to release their lower level HDCP 2.2. models as well.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm guessing you guys wouldn't recommend going with a non 2.2 compliant receiver? Seems like it's going to be a big deal.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I'm guessing you guys wouldn't recommend going with a non 2.2 compliant receiver? Seems like it's going to be a big deal.
I wouldn't worry about HDCP 2.2 until there is a bunch of HDCP 2.2 content out there. By that time, you will prolly want to upgrade again anyway.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I wouldn't worry about HDCP 2.2 until there is a bunch of HDCP 2.2 content out there. By that time, you will prolly want to upgrade again anyway.
UHD blu-ray is supposed to be released later this year and you'll need HDCP 2.2 for it to work.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
If you don't care about Audyssey then the Onkyo line has HDMI 2.0 + HDCP 2.2 working already. The TX-NR636 looks like a good deal with strong feature-set.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
UHD blu-ray is supposed to be released later this year and you'll need HDCP 2.2 for it to work.
Sure, if you want to be an early adopter and pay through the nose for first-gen devices and a handful of titles. Myself, I prefer the wait and see approach and let things shake out first.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
If you don't care about Audyssey then the Onkyo line has HDMI 2.0 + HDCP 2.2 working already. The TX-NR636 looks like a good deal with strong feature-set.
The onkyos don't support 18.2 Gbps. Which may limit some UHD enhancements like HDR and 10 or 12 bit color. All the new 2015 models should support 18.2 Gbps.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Sure, if you want to be an early adopter and pay through the nose for first-gen devices and a handful of titles. Myself, I prefer the wait and see approach and let things shake out first.
No one knows what UHD content will be available and when, but once UHD blu-ray is released, I would guess the vast majority of new movie releases will be available in the new format. As far as price goes, I don't know what the price of players or disks will be, but it's not relevant to whether or not content is available.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very possible tI at I will upgrade to a 4k TV this year. I'll go 2.2 and wait a bit. Hopefully my 1121k won't crap out. I like the Denon 4k series. Just have to fork up the cash!

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Very possible tI at I will upgrade to a 4k TV this year. I'll go 2.2 and wait a bit. Hopefully my 1121k won't crap out. I like the Denon 4k series. Just have to fork up the cash!
If you can wait then do it because hdcp 2.2 will gradually go down in price. The kicker is even the
2013 receivers will pass most 4k no problem. Only the 60 frames per second stuff won't. And 2.2 of course.
Nothing has 60fps. It is all 24 or 30fps. When the 4k disc players come out get one with dual hdmi outputs.
They will be common unlike on bluray(no need) to separate audio and video. For any 4k streaming etc.
from tv just connect a toslink from tv to receiver for 5.1 dolby digital. Not all that bad not having hdcp 2.2.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts