AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for rg6 coax cables with right angle adapters (in roughly 6ft length) - i have a monster one that i got from a friend for free a few years back, but i need additional ones. can someone point me in the right direction? tried monoprice to no avail. would rather avoid a 90 degree adaptor to reduce the number of interconnects (already have enough - cable in to splitter to wall plate to tv)

thanks!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I would avoid the pre-made right angle adapters if possible.

In my experience from an engineering perspective I have never found and tested any with good VSWR.

I cant speak for the ones recommended above!

·
Registered
22,637 Posts
If you avoid a "pre-made" 90 connector or adapter, what would be your recommendation?

I would think a connector would be better than an adapter (I.E. Radio Shack).

At 6'... I don't think either solution would be that detrimental to signal loss IMO.

http://www.wiredco.com/rightangle-ma...ckel-p-62.html

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman /forum/post/17049377

At 6'... I don't think either solution would be that detrimental to signal loss IMO.

His comments addressed VSWR, not signal loss. The length of the cable has nothing to do with a connector's performance. Most people would be more than willing to lose an additional 0.3dB (1GHz) of signal for improved VSWR.

Go with a high performance adapter, and the return loss improves by almost 100%.

·
Registered
22,637 Posts
Great... any suggestions for the OP?

Everyone wants to be the "alpha dog" without providing recommendations.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman /forum/post/17050386

Great... any suggestions for the OP?

Everyone wants to be the "alpha dog" without providing recommendations.

lol

thanks guys. i've no idea what VSWR is, or any of the other techie terms

went to radio shack, picked up a set of 2 gold-plated "elbows" and hooked them up. no perceptible change to my untrained eye, and it did what i wanted it to - reduce cable "bending" when it was coming out of the wall jacks.

so, now, what IS VSWR?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.