Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Here's my situation. Right now we have a very small living room, around 12'x12' and we have a small kenwood htib. It works ok for that area, but we are moving somewhere that has a little bit larger living area, around 18'x20' or so. So we are looking to upgrade. Here's the receivers I am looking at. Harman Kardon AVR-320 or AVR-520, Pioneer VSX-D811S, Denon AVR 1803, and the Denon 2802 if I can find it around $500. As you can see, I am trying to stay in the near-sub $500 range for my receiver. I was dead set on getting the Pioneer after reading the reviews of it and for the price, but then I came across the HK. I like the sound of it as well. Those are my two front runners at the moment. Here is my speaker situation. I plan on getting the JBL nsp1 II set and then adding the JBL ND 310 II towers for my mains. Etronics has them for $179 a piece. I'm still debating whether to upgrade the fronts and center to the studio class, but I will probably do one or the other unless I get any comparable deal with another brand of speaker. I'm not quite sure what I should do about a sub. I have seen the sony sub and the audio source sub from ubid reccommended a lot. I also see the jbl sub reccommended as well. The JBL + the JBL 12" sub can be had for $500 at etronics so that is right where I want to be for that set if possible. That would be about a $250-$300 budget for a sub. If the sony is nearly as good, there is no reason I shouldn't save some money and get that one. The last thing I want to add is I want to get a progressive scan dvd changer. For the time being I will be watching all this on a 32" JVC D series television, but hope to upgrade to a large widescreen hdtv within the year so I just thought that it would be good to go with the prog scan. I will be using the system for 65% home theater/35% music I imagine if that info is useful. Any advice about anything on my list will be absolutely appreciated. As you can probably see, I am a total newbie at this . Thank you in advance!!

--Petro

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I recommend the Outlaw Model 1050 receiver. I own one and sounds fantastic. I have had a Harman/Kardon receiver before and it sounded more mid-fi compared to the Outlaw.

JAMES

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.