AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like these: turtle beach dx12 vs dxl1 vs x41 are the best to choose from when it comes to simple gaming headsets for the 360 for under $150. I would prefer wireless as I don't want to be connected to the xbox, but I am trying to be open. As far as I can tell the 41's are wireless and the other two just use different headphones, but I'm not sure what all the differences are. Anyways, do any of you have any suggestions? Despite all my research, I'm kind of lost. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
If you're on a tight budget, the DX12/DSS2 combination is great. That's what I have. I got the DX12's around the holidays for $38. Then picked up the DSS2 for $50. The positional audio is amazing and totally improves your gaming experience as you can pinpoint objects in space. Games like MW2 or L4D2 sing with surround sound. I was actually seeking the special infected instead of waiting for them to pounce on me.

But yeah, wires get annoying. Especially since the wire spirals into a ball. I tried hanging the wire straight and everything else I could think of. But the minute I lay the wire on the ground, it starts twisting into a mess.

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
I love my TB X41s best money I've spent. Think their $120 at Walmart. Far cheaper than a full surround setup and great for late night gaming. Win win.

The earmuffs cover over and seal the outside world rather well. Word of caution, the mic picks up nearly any sound in a 20 foot radius so awkward conversations you may not hear the rest of the game does. Always fun getting asked about what is heard in the background...

Only negative I have and I'm guessing any headset has it is long play times make my ears hot. I know, a 12 hour gaming session should be broken up but hey it happens. There's times I've changed games or quit playing just to get the thing off my head.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies so far.

If I may ask, how exactly do the wired headsets connect everything?

Also, I was indeed wanted to ask about the sensitivity of the mic. I ask because I have had the x1 and x11 and they are both way too sensitive, with the x11 being way worse. People can literally hear a train whistle go by with my windows closed, and I'm not particularly close to a train.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts

Yeah, the mics are super sensitive on the X12's too. My friends can hear the noises my chair makes when I sit down on it or when it creaks. My best orientation for the mic is to have the boom go straight forward from the headset. Don't have the boom curve toward your mouth at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts