AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend and I are in love with the LG 47LE8500. Our biggest concern, however, is the reflectiveness of it. She has a well lit apartment and we're scared that we won't be able to watch TV because of the glare or reflection!

Do you really need a light-controlled room to own one of these? Is there anything like it (similar specs, looks awesome when turned off, etc) that we should consider getting?

BTW, here are the specs we are looking for:

1. Budget:

·
Registered
79 Posts
CNET review gave this TV set high marks EXCEPT for bright rooms. If they say bright room performance is poor, it is poor big time. They usually understate reflectivity problems because they expect the user to get the room lighting to be reasonable for LCD or plasma viewing. This is old news by now. The customer is expected to remove or adjust any light that shines directly on the screen, so that no light shines directly on the screen.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfsaxton /forum/post/19526781

My girlfriend and I are in love with the LG 47LE8500. Our biggest concern, however, is the reflectiveness of it. She has a well lit apartment and we're scared that we won't be able to watch TV because of the glare or reflection!

Do you really need a light-controlled room to own one of these? Is there anything like it (similar specs, looks awesome when turned off, etc) that we should consider getting?

BTW, here are the specs we are looking for:

1. Budget:

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfsaxton /forum/post/19527523

Yeah, I'm guessing a matte screen is the way to go...any advice on a TV that's similar to the 47LE8500 or fits my specs?

Sorry, wish I did. Some of the Sonys have matte screens, but I'm not sure about the high-end LED/LCD ones. Hopefully, someone else will weigh in, or you may check with the electronics stores, Sony Style stores, or perhaps the info is available on the Sony website. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts