Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all..

Here is what I have narrowed it down to.

Option: 1

B&K Ref 30 w/ Ref 7270 Series II amp

Option: 2

B&K Ref 30 w/ ATI 1505 and ATI 1502

Option: 3

Lexicon MC-1 w/ ATI 1505 and ATI 1502

Currently the Lexicon amps are still to expensive, I want to stay under 4000.00 and with prices dropping daily, I believe I can stay under 4000.00.

Let me know what you guys and gals think.

R~

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think it's a good idea to use a seperate 2ch amp to power your mains as it gives you a lot more flexability. I prefer the BK to the Lexicon due to better 2ch performance. If this is for HT only the MC1 may be better though. I woulds also chaeck out Cinepro as they are having a closeout sale and you may be able to get one for the price of an ATI/BK.

)

·
Registered
366 Posts
rhett7660--You'll love the B&K. Super well built. Excellent sound. Simple to use. Just a great piece.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRE
I was waiting for the upgrade of the ref. 30,may take months , and the outlaw 950 look good and only cost $900
I spoke with Jerry at B&K last week. The upgrade for the ref 30 is on hold. They are waiting to see what is going to happen with all the new formats before proceeding with it. If it is any indicator as to the length of time an upgrade takes......I first spoke with B&K regarding an upgrade for the Ref 20 about 16 months ago. It was in the works then. It will finally be available towards the end of this month (for the tidy sum of $895.00). It is a serious upgrade...new DAC's boards etc.. I ended up buying a Ref 30 rather than wait. Their upgrades arent the fastest but at least they are happening.

The Outlaw issue....well let's wait and see. It would be great if it were in the same ballpark sonically as the B&K but I'm not really holding my breath. I think build quality will never match B&K. As an example I own an Outlaw ICBM. Good looking unit....well built...comes with a no-name (may be known in Taiwan) power transformer. It looks about the same quality as a transformer for an answering machine... Who knows though.....I'd love to pick up an Outlaw for 1/2 of what I could sell my ref 30 for on Ebay if it comes close sonically.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was leaning more towards option 2 more then anything, I like the Lexicon, but I heard they are no longer doing any upgrades for there older models, DC and MC line. Very cool thanks.....

Rhett

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.