AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased this sub used, and figured I would ask what you think of them. My budget was quite low so $150 for this sub felt good. Would you have passed on it?

·
Registered
194 Posts
here are the specs:

8" Woofer

20 oz. Magnet

Frequency Response: 29hz-100hz

High Level and Low Level inputs

Dimensions: 9-7/8 x 15-7-8 x 10-7/8

Weight: 25.9lbs

For an 8 inch woofer and the specs that it has, i would say it is average. The question is do you like it? There are a variety of other subs available for the $150 price. Take a look on the forum for a ultra cheap sub thread, there are a lot of suggestions there of low price subs.

Like i said before, do u like it? if so then thats all that matters.

·
Registered
962 Posts
It was the mid-tier Energy sub a few years back. MSRP was $300. I would pass if only to let my budget grow a little. I think $250-$300 is the minimum I would pay for a sub today. Its still a good sub, however, and easily beats the current bottom end Energies which go for $100-$150 new.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was part of a system, I am happy with it, but I got the feeling afterwards that maybe I should have been wiser? It sounds good. I guess I just wanted someone else to say its good.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I got the S 8.2 and my room is 14x14, The thing sounds great and adds great depth to movies and music. I'm nowhere near being close to even using half of its potential and it blows me away.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright, I went back to the dealer and traded my subwoofer Energy e-XL-S8 for a AKAI turntable (AP206). After listening to the subwoofer it seemed to me it was not doing much. The front speakers have been handling everything very well.

Anyway it was a straight trade, thought I would update.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts