AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading about the bass shaker posts here, I went ahead and order 2 pairs of Aurora Regular shakers. Now I have a second thought. I should have ordered the Aurora Pro shakers instead. Does anyone here have the Aurora Reg. shakers installed ? How do they perform?

· Registered
267 Posts
The regular shakers do JUST fine. You'll love em. I have both, and while the pro's have a little more mass, the regulars can give you more shaking that you need or want, all by themselves.

· Registered
778 Posts
I only have my regular shakers turned up to about 55% max regardless of overall volume level.

They work fine for me!

Enjoy!

· Registered
92 Posts
Agree with the others. I forgot the cost but they are a great bang for the buck. Do install as tight to the spring of the chair for the best result. The idea of using a zip tie or tie wrap (whatever they are called) was genious and I thank whoever on the forum for showing me the way.

· Registered
6,226 Posts
Keep us posted on your shaking.

We're having a huge LOTR get together for this memorial day weekend, so I'm expecting some amazing results!!

brickie

· Registered
1,452 Posts
I've got 6 berklines in my theater. I ordered 3 pairs of the regulars and put 1 per chair. Couldn't be happier with the results. I can easily get way too much shaking from these and i'm quite glad I didn't get the pros.

· Registered
92 Posts
Another thing I read in the past was after installing them put in a movie like Godzilla (I believe suggested by Brickie) to make sure they are shaking at a level you enjoy. The opening menu has a lot of bass. Worked like a charm.

Brickie...alot of shaking going on in Chicago this weekend. I am opening my theater to a few friends who helped me along the way to a movie night showing the new LOTR. Going to Walmart and pick it up later today.

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by brickie
Keep us posted on your shaking.

We're having a huge LOTR get together for this memorial day weekend, so I'm expecting some amazing results!!

brickie
My HT will not be ready for another 2 months or so. I'm still doing some framing in the basement yet.

· Registered
6,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by David_Larkins
Brick,

don't know if you've sampled the other LOTR movies with the shakes yet, but they have HUGE amounts of LFE - I had to tone mine down a bit from their normal level.

Checked them out last night and you were absolutely right, OVER the top amounts of bass..I didn't turn them down, but for the actual showing this weekend i probably will.

Mukaman, I'm heading out in about an hour to grab it from Target.They got the free microwave popcorn with it, and it's th esame price as Walmart..Yeah i know, what do i need with microwave popcorn..Hey it's free!!!

brickie

· Registered
92 Posts
Brickie...

Hopefully you did not leave yet. For those of you looking to buy ROTK, I heard people are trying to use the $5 off Walgreens coupon at Walmart. If that does not work I will also go to Target and use the $2 off any DVD coupon in my entertainment book. Plus as Brickie said free popcorn and also batteries.

I agree Two Towers produced great bass and I wonder if it has something to do with it being DD EX. I had Jurassic Park in which is just DD and did not feel as much bass. Wimpy dinosaurs :)

· Registered
6,226 Posts
Nah, didn't leave yet..Just slow poking along.Seriously, i still plan to run out.I don't think the walgreens coupon will work..Worth a shot though.When i first saw it, it crossed my mind to try something like that as well.But for $15 at Target's, you can't go wrong..And yes, there is some free popcorn.

Id on't really think EX encoding had anything to do with it..Allt hat does is add your back rear channels(6.1 or 7.1). LOTR is just known to be mixed VERY hot.Almost like the typical DTS mix..Really surprises you when you first hear it.Jurassic Park is no slouch either..

brickie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.