AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I'm just wondering if anyone can offer me any insight into using a Da-Lite Model 'C' screen. In case you're not familiar with the Model 'C', it is a manual pull-down screen and I'd be getting the "high contrast matte white" material which is a 1.1 gain grey fabric.

I'd just like to know if anyone has had any experience with this type of screen or material.

Basically, I'm just interested in having a screen that can be rolled away on occassion, but I don't want to pay the cost for an electric screen. All I really want to know is:

1) Is the Model 'C' appropriate for home theater use?

2) Is the high contrast matte white screen a good choice for a Sanyo PLV-Z2?

3) Does the screen stay perfectly flat on its own?

I'm just looking for info from anyone who may have used a manual pull-down screen or seen this particular model. The price is about half of an electric, but I'm not sure if the model 'C' is really a good choice for home theater or whether it's more just meant for a classroom or something.

Thanks for any help!

Rob

·
Registered
776 Posts
The Model C is more appropriate for home use than the cheaper Model B. It's pretty large, due to having a larger roller internally. This reduces, but does not eliminate, waves in the screen material. For this reason, many choose the High Power material, since it's reflective nature makes these waves virtually impossible to see.

There's quite a bit of discussion in the archives about both the waves & the screen material you're looking at. You might want to search on HCMW.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.