AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just about to pull the trigger on purchasing a new speaker system for my man cave and I am pretty much down to either the Paradigm Prestige 85F and the Focal Aria 9 hundred series.. I feel like I need to replace a one year old Denon receiver which I purchased a year ago for something more powerful to drive this system or otherwise introduce some separate AMPS.. Any suggestons?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The 85's are a very efficient speaker, and arent difficult to drive! I dont get why everybody thinks they new amps when they buy new speakers....

What Denon are you running now? Unless you constantly listen at Reference level, which will cause you to go deaf. I doubt you need more power...

Reactions: Xamro and Kini62

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I currently have a DENAVR3311.. you're probably right. I will try them out with this receiver and see how it goes.. Its probably going to be fine..

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I currently have a DENAVR3311.. you're probably right. I will try them out with this receiver and see how it goes.. Its probably going to be fine..
I personally have a denon 4100 avr, rated at 125 x7, but its closer to 81 or 82 w x 7 ch. During watching blurays with all 7 speakers playing, my setup (Infinity beta 50s FR FL, Beta 360c C, 4 Ifinity in walls for surr. ) its plenty Loud! With music, I listen in 2 ch. Stereo, now thats closer to the 125w x 2 as my fronts are all 8 ohms.:)

Stereo music plays clean, loud, and clear, on my 4100 in 2ch Stereo. Give your 3311 a shot, I think youll be surprised how good your new Paradigm 85s will sound paired with it! Especially seeing the 3311 has the exact same power ratings as my 4100w...:cool:

If after that, you still think you need more power. You can buy a 2 ch amp, but I doubt it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts